TOWN SURVEY UPDATE 2010

UPPER HIGH STREET EAST Building: Nos 20,22,24

Listing:

Grade II, LBS number 172185

History:

At the start of the twentieth century this terrace of houses may have been a row of shops used for commercial purposes. Budgen the greengrocer, who later traded from No.28, and Shaw, a bootmaker, had Nos. 20 & 22 in 1908. Private residences since the Second World War, until absorbed into the International Girls’ House of Sevenoaks School.

Current Use:

Sev_011

Sevenoaks School

Description:

Built around 1700, but altered, restored and converted into a row of Queen Anne style terrace houses Six window façade of 2 storeys. Red and blue stock brick. Three modern panelled doors, spaced under windows two, four and six, up two projecting brick steps with flat projecting moulded bracketed hoods over. Modern sash windows. Hipped tile roof. Three flat-roofed leaded dormers.